User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
View Poll Results: Why the hell aren't you posing?
Investigating and/or picking nose 2 16.67%
Too busy Twattersnapchatbooking for you old farts 1 8.33%
School/Work 5 41.67%
Beer! 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Crickets
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-07-06, 15:54

I logged in to the sound of crickets, so I'm posting just for the hell of it.

So, whatcha doin'?

And by "watcha doin'" I mean "posting", not "posing"! But, hey, if you want to post some posing pictures, be my guest (no greasy fat dudes, please!)

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2015-07-06 at 18:11.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2015-07-06, 16:33

Working with 5 clients, all-nighters, working in a little exercise, and that whole trying-not-to-die-thing have kept me pretty occupied this year.

My post count is down because I've been frustrated with Apple and the direction they are going but I'll post more when they impress me. It is good to be critical though; keeps them on their toes. I don't say what I do to be mean, but because I know they accomplish amazing things and can do better.

Side note: I did just install Final Cut Studio v3 on Yosemite. Export to prores and convert with handbrake is a new favorite/must. Ahhh the glory days of yander "pro app"-era when you had to use a brain cell or two and KNOW what buttons did. If I smacked you with that manual, it would hurt!

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-07-06, 17:55

Vogue.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-07-06, 18:11

Well, I'm neither trendy, nor fashionable.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-07-06, 19:45

I voted beer, but only because I've been investigating fermentation and the sort! I just got Mrs T to buy some airlocks too. They are the perfect size for our glass milk jugs we get delivered.

Fun thing, I was just thinking about how there was so little activity. I was wondering what others were up to also. I'm missing some of the activity that was on here. I personally still love RSS feeds and forums. I think most have moved on to social media.

I personally think that is rally sad, but not shocking. Mrs T is a member of a number of groups that used to be forums and are now Facebook groups. I personally hate this because Facebook is in the information business and I don't like supporting that kind of business if I can help it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2015-07-06, 20:22

I'm still here! HELLOooooooooooooooooooooo, Knock, Knock.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2015-07-06, 20:43

I'm here, but busy with work. Promotions'll do that
Mac+
9" monochrome

2015-07-07, 05:11

I still check in.

Work is keeping me busy though.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2015-07-07, 07:20

I do think that the social media Borg has taken some of the space that used to be occupied by sites like AN. If you are not on Facebook these days, you are nobody. I am not on Facebook. Or Reddit, or Twitter. But then again, I am happy being nobody.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2015-07-07, 07:56

I still check in a few times a day, just to see what's going on. I do miss the days of page long discussions about the most minute things.

Most of my time is spent on Twitter & Reddit. Been off of Facebook for over a year now and I like it. Still love Instagram though.

I have a few forums that I visit. This one and a few train related ones. I love trains.

My RSS feeds have actually gone up lately. Finding more and more smaller blogs/sites that post a little less frequently, but are still great.

I spend surprisingly less time online now than before even though I have a job that allows me to be home all of the time.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
¡Damned!

2015-07-07, 09:44

Been working on my construction worker's tan by repairing/re-roofing/repainting a detached garage. Pain. I sorely wish I was elbows deep in the last poll option, but alcohol and extension ladders don't really seem like a good pairing.

Plus, 'real' work has been keeping me busy as well. I've barely even made it onto MC in the last week, really only for fixing my misconception of Pluto (changing the coloring from dirty snow to reddish (diorite to granite)).

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-07-07, 09:52

SUMMERTIME
SUMMERTIME
SUM
SUM
SUMMERTIME!!!!!!!

That's my excuse.

I'm alive and checking in a few times a week.

Not nearly as garrulous as I was a decade ago.

But I'm here and following along.

Always available via Twitter if I need to be prodded to come post.

I figure if that guy Brad can do it, I can do it!!!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2015-07-07, 13:43

Who's Brad?...............thinking..................... Thinking............... Oh that Brad!!
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-07-07, 14:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinney View Post
I do think that the social media Borg has taken some of the space that used to be occupied by sites like AN. If you are not on Facebook these days, you are nobody. I am not on Facebook. Or Reddit, or Twitter. But then again, I am happy being nobody.
Yeah, being nobody has its merits. Being nobody means I can work in the shop or the garden and actually feel relaxed doing it. But I still like to take a minute everyday and find out what the ol' AN folk are up to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
… but alcohol and extension ladders don't really seem like a good pairing. .
B.S.!!

Some of your best MC constructions happened while you were eyeballs-deep in the sauce!

If you fall off the ladder, you just drink some healing potion and climb back up. DUH!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2015-07-08 at 11:09.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2015-07-07, 17:50

I'm still around. Spending a lot of time playing video games, running a convention, writing some stories. Also spending a lot of time on Twitter and Tumblr for various things.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2015-07-07, 22:39

Still here. Twitter is the more immediate feed for this kind of stuff, though.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2015-07-08, 05:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinney View Post
Social media Pah. Don't do any of that crap. To old and don't feel the need to constantly tweet when I've been to the Loo etc!!

I used to be undecided.....But now I'm not so sure.
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-07-08, 11:49

you forgot your #poop hashtag.