Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhone 2.0 Problems
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
T-Man
The Hoarding Packrat™

2008-07-26, 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran23kk View Post
My keyboard will become very sluggish while typing.

Contacts are also very sluggish.

Hopefully this gets fixed with 2.0.1
Detto.

Not to mention, the sluggishness creates an effect when backspacing that's very reminiscent of my XP days: I hold backspace to go back, say, four letters. . .but it's sluggish and I backspace two words because it's actually 'accepting' my input even whole I can see it [like it just did for the next sentence I already had typed !!!!] Ironically, OS X doesn't function that way...

Utterly annoying.
jcoley2
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to jcoley2  
2008-07-28, 13:40

Weird. Today I noticed that I had not enabled Push with Contacts and Calendar and Bookmarks since completely rebuilding mu iPHone and once I did, I lost all my Contacts. About an hour later they all came back.

Does not make for a restful sleep at night. . .

Now that I got a job, I can buy more Apple products!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-07-28, 13:57

My iPhone is officially Possessed by the Devilâ„¢. At least twice a day, I encounter a true "WTF?!" scenario, with "freezing, for no apparent $%^@! reason, upon receiving a $%@#!& call" being the most recent (past two days) round of chuckles and fun.

I'd call these two guys; a shame they're dead.

Gizzer

2008-07-29, 05:05

Quote:
My keyboard will become very sluggish while typing.

Contacts are also very sluggish.

Hopefully this gets fixed with 2.0.1
I think there must be a memory leak somewhere. I've found the cure is to regularly reboot at least once a day (christ I sound like a Windows user ).

Once rebooted the phone is responsive again (until I use a few more applications).
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-07-29, 09:21

Yeah, I think you're right about that. There's something like that at play here...when I reboot my phone (also becoming a "once-a-day" thing for me too), it behaves just like it used to...snappy and responsive, etc.

As the day progresses, the more I use it and the more apps I launch, it gets more sluggish and unstable (apps locking or quitting on their own, etc.).

Surely there's a 2.0.1 update on the immediate horizon...I can't be doing this another month or so. I'm accustomed to praising and showing off my iPhone to anyone who asks about it. But here lately, I'm kinda afraid to...it's just going to crash or act weird as I'm demoing it for them, and I'll just be embarrassed (and will have to endure their "...so you paid how much for this?" smart-ass remarks).

Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2008-07-29, 09:32

I really haven't had any problems with my iPhone lately. The new AIM update really helps, but I still wish you could close out of it and still have it running.

"Band" has been so-so lately. Sometimes when I open it, my iPhone crashes and restarts.

I have also noticed the sluggishness in contacts and what not.

I wish there were more options for SMS messages, like save to draft and such. Also, I wish you could find the time for every call made and received. Sometimes when you have a person and it has like (3) calls, it'll only show you the first time.

I love my iPhone, but I miss A LOT of things about my sidekick. It's much better as far as texting and online chatting goes and the games were much better.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-07-29, 09:53

If you push the arrow next to the person with multiple calls, it will go to another screen where it will show all of the recent calls

Last edited by kieran : 2008-07-29 at 17:10.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2008-07-29, 10:00

Quote:
If you push the arrow next to the person with multiple calls, it will go to another screen where it will show all of the recent calls
Ah, I swear I did that yesterday but only got one time on a multiple call. Ohwell, my bad, I apologize.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2008-07-29, 17:01

Yeah, the daily restart is a must at this point.

1. Tetris (yes, I suppose I overpaid) will crash on start if I don't.
2. Contacts and typing get slow as molasses.
3. My phone will stop ringing after a whilel, and the call will go straight to voicemail.
4. More rarely, the phone will lose sync with MobileMe, thus instead of showing my favrotie numbers as "Mom and Dad" or "Amber", it will show their phone numbers instead in the list.

Kids, turn off your phone at night if you can, or at least restart it once a day. It seems to keep the doctor away.
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2008-07-29, 17:18

Good grief. I'm really glad I'm in Mexico and held off on (a) a 3G iPhone and (b) software v2.0. I thought the initial iPhone 1.0 software was too buggy for general release, but 2.0 seems far worse based on what I'm reading. My condolences to the early adopters.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-07-29, 17:23

For what it's worth, today's been pretty okay. I've made and received a fair number of calls (a death in the extended family and, interestingly enough, the birthday of my best friend), but the crazy thing has acted fine since early this morning...phone calls, a few texts, a lot of e-mailing, some Safari, etc. No weirdness, no hangs, freezes or unexpected quits. I've received everything that was sent to me (calls, texts and e-mails).

Odd.

Perhaps the iPhone gods were granting me a one-day reprieve, in light of all that was going on this day. Tomorrow will, no doubt, see the return to Shitville, population 2.0.

Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2008-07-29, 17:37

Mine has been fine, with the exception that sometimes when I download an updated app, the app will quit on launch until I restart the iPhone. Then everything's fine again. Other than that, no issues.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-07-29, 17:50

The thing that I can't stand about the updating apps is that i puts it back on the home screen.

I have things the way I want them, put the app where it was before the update.

Could it be that hard?

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
SpecMode
Wait what

2008-07-29, 22:27

Real quick: this support article (linked via the MobileMe blog) should help resolve issues with contacts/calendars/etc disappearing from iPhones. The apparent cause: a syncing bug on the server side.
Miko
Veteran Member

2008-07-30, 06:21

Well maybe I'm in the minority here, but my iPhone Rev-A has been humming along pretty well since the upgrade to the 2.0 software. Yes, I have experience the app crash and even the force re-boot when using the phone (mostly 3rd on party apps) for extended periods of time. I think it may be a memory leak, which many have suggested, because it does seems quite random.

All-in-all, I really think we should be a little more patient to let Apple and Developers iron out the kinks. this it a new platform that presents new challenges it has not even been a month since the launch. Having said that, Apple's NDA is not helping matters that much.

Was this an ambitious undertaking for Apple; Global launch, iPhone 3G, 2.0 upgrade and MobileMe? I would say hell yea it was. 6 months from now will we be better off? I would think so.

Last edited by Miko : 2008-07-30 at 08:10.
Dave
Ninja Editor

2008-07-30, 15:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko View Post
6 months from now will we be better off? I would think so.
We'd better be, or iPhone sales will drop.
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2008-07-30, 15:43

No question the recent launches were a massive undertaking, but that seems like a poor excuse. No one had a gun to anyone's head and, borrowing from an ongoing thread, said "MobileMe shall launch on July 11 or there shall be blood."

Apple's software quality control right over the past year has been borderline abysmal. All the new bells and whistles in the world aren't all that impressive when emails are going AWOL and apps are crashing and contacts and calendars are disappearing and a device needs to be restarted daily to maintain operability.
Dave
Ninja Editor

2008-07-31, 09:41

So here's my question for those of you with 3Gs. Does it work well enough for me to buy one now, or should I wait for the next firmware? It seems the 1st gen iPhones are being hit harder with the bugs. I want to get an iPod, and an iPhone is the same price, or $100 more for 2x the capacity. I'm having a really hard time not taking the opportunity.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2008-07-31, 10:26

Over all, I'd say it's still an amazing phone and granted a lot of people, including myself, are bitching about little bugs, it still works amazingly well.

When the update comes, I'm sure all the little quirks will be worked out, but I would still highly recommend on. I would recommend getting a 16gig.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
euain

2008-07-31, 10:54

I'd second that. I've got the 16GB one and have no regrets. Sure, there are a couple of things not working quite as they should or only intermittently (including some of the key headline items like push mail) - but it is still an amazing phone and so much more.

On top of that, I love getting updates to anything.. I positively drool when I see something come up in Software Update - so I can't wait for the 2.0.1 update
jcoley2
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to jcoley2  
2008-07-31, 13:33

Damn, just when I think MobleMe is working its not. I noticed that I made some changes in my Address Book last night, sycned twice today and just looked and notice the contacts were not on my iPhone. I turned Push off for contacts and then back on (a fix Apple says will correct this problem) and all my Contacts disappeared again.

So I just went home and noticed they are still in my Address Book, so I have trying syncing twice and they still have not appeared.

And yes, I did upgrade to ITM 7.1.1 this morning. . .

Now that I got a job, I can buy more Apple products!
faust

2008-08-14, 10:26

Not sure this is 2.0 related or not but they are new issues I'm having with my original unit

A. Sometime I just can't hang up on a call. I hit the red button over and over yet I'm still connected 20 seconds later. Really annoying when leaving a VM and I talk for 10 sec followed by 20 sec of silence or me saying wtf over and over

B. When I listen to my music in All Songs - Shuffle mode everything will play as planned and then out of the blue a song will repeat or all of a sudden the songs start playing in alphabetical order.

C. Safari crashed 3x more often than it used to

I've been restarting 2-3 times a day in hope of things getting better but they aren't. I have AC on the unit, might need to actually utilize it one day.