User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

What should I do with a Domain or two I don't want?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What should I do with a Domain or two I don't want?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-09-03, 20:44

I don't expect that this domain would really be wanted by many. I have two that are basically the same but one has a "-" in it and the other doesn't. Both are .coms. I was using them for an internet retail business that I honestly just can't bother wasting my time with. Expense > Income so I'm just cutting my losses. I have these domains until 2012 too.

GoDaddy has a Cash Park option but they expect me to pay a monthly fee for this "service". Is there an options like this I could use somewhere else? It'd be nice to at least recoup some of the income invested into this plan. Thankfully it wasn't much of a loss. So any ideas on what to do with a domain you don't use anymore?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Yonzie
Mac Mini Maniac

2008-09-04, 15:59

AFAIK, there's other parking options other than GoDaddy. Not that I've spent any time researching it, so I can't give you a ready-made solution.

Yout might be able to sell the pair on ebay, if you make an ad in which you describe the business that should go along with them.

Converted 07/2005.
Dave
Ninja Editor

2008-09-04, 16:35

Dreamhost will keep domains registered for you for $10/year. Seems like a small price incase you change your mind about your business.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-09-05, 00:29

Well, I can keep the name as is and pay even GoDaddy's highest price of $9.95 but I'm just not going to do the retail thing anymore. Too much headache doing the retail by myself. The tax filing was more than enough to keep me occupied for the little I was gaining. Virginia is who I have to thank for that.

I've thought about keeping the names though and using them for the times I work photography since the name is photography related. Still not sure though. I guess my thought was that if I was able to create some income, even if ever so slight, by doing nothing more then it would be worth it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.