User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year (2014 -> 2015)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year (2014 -> 2015)
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-12-25, 14:14

Happy Holidays for another year!
And a belated Happy Hanukkah too!

I just wanted to say how much I love this messageboard and its diverse membership.

I believe we have more Festivans here than Christians or Jews, so hope your poles are shiny!

May 2015 be kind to us all

thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2014-12-25, 15:01

Well said drew.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2014-12-25, 15:30

As I get older, the trappings and outward elements of the holiday (shopping, frenzy, "sales", buying "stuff", the overall "go go go!!!", etc.) mean less and less to me. It's the one time of year, especially when I'm alone on Christmas Eve, it's cold and clear outside and I just think about "bigger things".

I like that part of it, and how - regardless of the "why" or "how" - it's a very peaceful, reflective time for me. I've made it that way by not getting sucked into all the above craziness.

I told everyone I wanted nothing - I don't need anything, I'm not looking for "more stuff" to clutter my life, I don't have room to put it, I'm not lacking or needing anything that can be bought, etc. - and I just want to hang out and everyone be cool and happy, eat a bit, tell stories, laugh, catch up, etc. To my joy, that's exactly all that's happened the past 36 or so hours, with friends and family. So I got my Christmas wish...nothing material, but everything else (which I wanted so much more).

It's been a very nice Christmas for me.

As this is my only online presence/outlet, I'm kinda attached to the joint and the good members. We all know what the attitude/behavior of most online forum communities can be like these days, so I'm happy that this place seems to be the exception (I wouldn't be here if it wasn't).

So a sincere, heartfelt Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone reading this.

PS - I'm going to be borderline unbearable at times throughout 2015, as The Force Awakens nears release. So just keep that in mind, and maybe cut me a little slack from time to time, as needed. I apologize in advance for any excessive Star Wars nerdery/fandom escaping my keyboard...
Ryan
Veteran Member

2014-12-25, 16:23

I'm with family but they all came down with the flu. We did nothing for Christmas Eve and we're doing nothing today. No gifts. We might do a traditional Christmas feast on Saturday.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2014-12-25, 17:09

Yes, Merry Christmas, happy holidays. Oh and for the rest, Happy Winter December time.

We have done traditional family activities, although this year was a little different since we spent Christmas eve at the seniors home with my grandmother, rather than at her home. Still it was a nice evening. This evening we'll be spending time with my sister's family. No big multi-family dinners this year, both side of the family just decided it was too much to do.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-12-25, 20:58

Happy holidays, everyone.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2014-12-26, 06:28

Peace on earth and goodwill to fellow brethren in Aldo.

Hope it was a day spent with those you love.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-26, 12:47

I do home everyone had a Merry Christmas or happy holiday if you don't enjoy Christmas.

We had a great day in my house other than my 2 year old getting the pukes on Christmas Eve that carried into him being off until midday Christmas. He is totally normal now and was by last night.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2014-12-27, 09:59

Merry Christmas and/or Joyeux Noël / Feliz Navidad / Mele Kelikimaka / etc for the Non-English speakers

Glad Yule / Happy Hanukkah / Joyous Kwanza / Eid Mubarak / Glorious Festivus for the Non-Christians

May 2015 bring Health and Happiness to All Fellow 'Novae* and Family

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2014-12-27, 11:46

A Healthy, Happy, and Prosperous New Year to Drew and his minions... dirty heathens, the lot of you!
¡Damned!

2014-12-28, 13:19

We should also remember how good we have it, with our monies and health and whatnot, because we do have it good, even if.

We've long since breached the "online community" label and grown into real friends, and for that I am grateful to all of you.

If y'all wouldn't mind, sometime in your thoughts lift a glass to Kitty-Gato and Britta. I lost them both this year. I'd be thankful if you put a kind word out.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2014-12-28 at 14:49.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2014-12-29, 08:28

Merry rear* christmas and a happy new year!

Spoiler (click to toggle):
*) In Danish yule (jul) and wheel (hjul) sounds the same so it is sort of customary to make a joke about wishing people a merry rear wheel in the days after christmas.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2014-12-29, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
We should also remember how good we have it, with our monies and health and whatnot, because we do have it good, even if.

We've long since breached the "online community" label and grown into real friends, and for that I am grateful to all of you.

If y'all wouldn't mind, sometime in your thoughts lift a glass to Kitty-Gato and Britta. I lost them both this year. I'd be thankful if you put a kind word out.
Glass raised to Kitty Gato & Britta. insert smiley with tear in eye.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2014-12-29, 14:41

Grey - sorry for your losses mate. That'd be tough.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2014-12-29, 16:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post

So extremely sorry for the loss of your dearly-loved friends. You've told us about them, and have shown us pics of them, over the years. Your caring for them has let us know more about the kind of person you are and the depth of your love for all the world's creatures. I lost my dog long ago, but I always tear up when I think of her. Even now.

I hope you will find ways to distract yourself, find things and activities to fill your thoughts and your time, so that you can get through each day with less and less sorrow as the weeks go by. There are *so* many people on this board who have felt a similar sorrow. I can see in my mind the pics they've posted over the years with their animal friends. I raise my glass to Kitty-Gato, Britta and to the love you will always have for them.

I so very much agree that we should all be aware of how good we have it. Even when times are tough, as happens at various points in each of our lives, we still are so very fortunate compared to millions of people all over the world. Thanks for reminding us to keep the awareness of our good fortune foremost in our thoughts, and to keep cycling that gratitude continually through our minds and hearts as the days of our lives speed by.

May all of us make the very best of the coming year, and may we let those we love and respect *know* how we feel by actually telling them and showing them.

*hug*
¡Damned!

2014-12-30, 22:41

Thanks. Didn't mean to hijack this thread with that, but I'm thankful for the kind words, truly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
May all of us make the very best of the coming year, and may we let those we love and respect *know* how we feel by actually telling them and showing them.

*hug*
Yep. Hugs all 'round.

Last edited by 709 : 2014-12-31 at 01:19.