User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Was bluetooth standard on rev b powerbooks?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Was bluetooth standard on rev b powerbooks?
Quagmire
meh

2004-06-14, 14:40

I am reading alot about bluetooth not being standard on rev b powerbooks. I have bluetooth on my rev b powerbook 12" 1 Ghz and I didn't add it to the powerbook. Then I talked to DMB and he said that apple could of made a mistake. Right after that my friend signed on and I asked him since he had a rev b powerbook(now has rev c. don't ask long story) and he got bluetooth standard on his rev b as well. Could apple earlier had bluetooth as a bto option early in the rev b then added bluetooth a standard later or was it always standard?

giggity
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-06-14, 15:30

bluetooth has always been standard on Al powerbooks...

next time you have a question such as this why don't you do a little research...

http://apple-history.com/

http://www.mactracker.ca/

etc...

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-14, 17:40

You might be confused with the first G4 TiPB 15" model run. If so, then no integrated BT on revs: a, b, c or d!

History of G4 TiPBs:
400/500 Ti - no integrated BT
550/667 Ti - no integrated BT
667/800 Ti - no integrated BT
867/1GHz Ti - no integrated BT
... although you could buy USB BT adapters for them I think, but they protruded from the casing.

Integrated BT was, however, introduced with the 12" and 17" Al models as Paul pointed out and has been on every AlPB model since.

Hope this helped.

Btw ut do download mactracker - it's one of my favourite apps... and you'll learn so much about the history and specifications on pretty much all Apple products that run on a Mac OS!

All I want is a simple life
twitter
Quagmire
meh

2004-06-14, 17:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+
You might be confused with the first G4 TiPB 15" model run. If so, then no integrated BT on revs: a, b, c or d!

History of G4 TiPBs:
400/500 Ti - no integrated BT
550/667 Ti - no integrated BT
667/800 Ti - no integrated BT
867/1GHz Ti - no integrated BT
... although you could buy USB BT adapters for them I think, but they protruded from the casing.

Integrated BT was, however, introduced with the 12" and 17" Al models as Paul pointed out and has been on every AlPB model since.

Hope this helped.

Btw ut do download mactracker - it's one of my favourite apps... and you'll learn so much about the history and specifications on pretty much all Apple products that run on a Mac OS!
Thanks you that helped. I must of been confused about the ti and the al powerbooks. I do have mactracker it is a cool app. I didn't see anywhere about bluetooth. I will pass by again and try to find it. Thanks Mac+

EDIT: I did find it reading Mactracker again. Thanks again Mac+

giggity
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-14, 18:01

No sweat - happy to help.