AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: 1.15 - Bees!!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.15 - Bees!!
Page 4 of 5 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5  Next Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-01-17, 13:43

Thanks!! I'll give it a shot on my next foray into the game. I just fenced off a section of the land around my place so I can start farming. It's cute how small my operation is compared to y'all's.

Also: iron and glass are a pain in the ass.

¡Damned!

2020-01-17, 14:30

Protip for making fancy diamond kit without all the digging:

- Chop down trees, get logs.
- Cook logs in furnace to make charcoal.
- Cook charcoal in blast furnace to make coal
- Make coal blocks from coal
- Cook coal blocks in blast furnace to make diamonds

[edit]: Since I was curious what a stack would actually produce :

- Cook stack of logs to make charcoal (64)
- Cook 36 pieces of charcoal with 9 charcoal for 36 coal (1 charcoal cooks 4 coal)
- Make 4 coal blocks from 36 pieces coal
- Cook 4 coal blocks with 16 pieces charcoal (4 charcoal cooks 1 coal block for 1 diamond)

So, 1 stack of logs gets you a final tally of 4 diamonds and 3 pieces of charcoal.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2020-01-17 at 23:29. Reason: Better math
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-01-22, 20:57

That was awesome! Now this schlub has an efficiency pick.

I took the lead a trader left me and led his llama inside of my big safe fenced in area, but after the next morning or two he was gone.

Oh well.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2020-01-23, 12:10

You have to 'tame' them otherwise they'll despawn. Just jump on their backs a few times until they stop bucking you off.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-01-23, 14:10

DANG IT.

And I liked that thing.

My reading comprehension on the MC wiki pages is obviously poor.

Last night I had a few more pillagers stop by so I got a new banner but I don't think I'm cursed.

Maybe this means I'll get another trader come by sometime.

Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-01-23, 14:54

Nice details on diamonds without digging. I would far rather cook some trees over clearing out a cavern underground.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-01-26, 16:23

The other night I killed another wandering raiding party and went over to Grey's village to do a proper village raid with him. The first few waves got stuck down in a shallow open air ravine and I killed them and took their banners, but the third wave had a ravager and it killed me to death! But Grey took them out and we were treated to a fireworks show.

Lesson: I always die when I hang out with Grey

kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-01-26, 22:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I always die when I hang out with Grey
Yeah, I think there's a conspiracy happening.
¡Damned!

2020-01-27, 10:24

Ha! Drew took the brunt of the raids since he found them in the other chasm (I was looking for them in the one underneath the village) so he was pretty damaged by the time the Beast showed up. The celebratory fireworks are hilarious.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2020-01-29, 18:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
There's a new portal in the Nether that leads to a stronghold & and active End portal. Just head to Drew's portal and you'll see the path heading south from there. BEWARE! The dragon is still very much alive and angry...
The End is now open for business! It took a half-dozen or so Elytra and endless arrows, but the Dragon is no more. There's a barrel next to the portal with a few pumpkin masks - wearing one is essential if you plan on spending any time in there and not getting jumped by hordes of screamers.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-01-29, 18:48

Good. I need some pearls.
¡Damned!

2020-01-29, 19:16

And shulker boxes! Man, you realize what you miss most in MC when you start fresh, and shulker boxes were at the top of my list.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-01-29, 20:47

Screamers? Shulker boxes???

¡Damned!

2020-01-30, 16:47

Sorry, the Endermen screamers. In bobsky's XP trap I legit have to turn my sound off. Shulker boxes are like extra inventories you can carry around with you. Carry them around in an ender chest and you're basically carrying your entire life savings with you. Note: Brad's xtra recipe for shulker boxes (using turtle scutes) does not work in 1.15, so I had to risk entering the End in order to get my preciousess.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-01-30, 17:05

I have to admit that I pretty well hate starting over without decent tools and armor. I love collecting resources and building and adventuring, but I hate the tool options that require me to be on almost endlessly in order to accumulate XP and create even half-decent tools.

Jess and I just started our server from scratch, and I love having the ability to mod in good tools so we can get down to rummaging and building. In survival mode, and with about 1/5 the time spent, I'm already significantly further along with basically the same long-range plan simply by having decent picks, shovels, and the armor to protect them.

Yeah, beginner's Minecraft just isn't as much fun for me with crappy tools and armor. I have some creations I'd like to build in this world, and it's going to take so long to do that I'm not sure I'm even going to start. Gonna shift over to adventuring, I think. I've got enough food to last for a good long time.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2020-01-30, 17:31

Well, OptiFine is 76% complete, so probably just a couple more weeks before we can upgrade our main world to 1.15.2. I do love this little trip through memory lane on how fucking hard MC can be, though. Wish we could keep it as a side-world like in the Tardis days, alas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Yeah, beginner's Minecraft just isn't as much fun for me with crappy tools and armor.
It doesn't take that much time to get a full diamond kit with Brad's charcoal mod, tbh. Enchanting is another story, but I'm lucky that I settled in a village that I could boost the population of. Feel free to trade with them, obviously, that's what they're there for.

[edit]: Also! There is a fancy road to Drew's place now that is a continuation of the fancy road to Ken's place. You can literally ride a horse from Ken's to Drew's via fancy road.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2020-01-30 at 18:00.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-01-30, 18:03

Oh, I have lot's of diamonds. I'm a digger, but you already knew that.

Trouble is my projects will rip through all those diamonds and trading in no time and then I'm back to digging for diamonds or coal or trees or …

I've already burned through about 10 diamond picks, three of which had good upgrades. I've already lost one suit of good armor in my mine due to an unbelievably fast flow of lava that caught me off-guard and trapped me.

I know it's all silly and whiny, but I'm long past having to prove my ability to survive in this game. I'd much rather make things, although I also don't much like Creative mode. I generally prefer to have to hunt for my resources using good tools, and then build stuff from scratch.

Hell, the only time I use Creative mode is when I'm designing an idea.

So, I think just adventuring will be fine for now.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-01-30, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
[edit]: Also! There is a fancy road to Drew's place now that is a continuation of the fancy road to Ken's place. You can literally ride a horse from Ken's to Drew's via fancy road.
Found that the other day while hunting for sand.

I like that grass path so much better than cobblestone roads. In fact, I think my next project in our old world is going to be replacing the roads in and around Castle Whammerstein with grass path. Looks way better!

¡Damned!

2020-01-30, 18:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
I'd much rather make things, although I also don't much like Creative mode. I generally prefer to have to hunt for my resources using good tools, and then build stuff from scratch.
Same, exactly.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-01-30, 18:23

Now, if only they had grass path steps!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-01-30, 20:34

I discovered your new path last night! Thanks for the add!

I found a ravine beneath my place and have been carefully clearing it out.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-01-31, 22:21

I would just like to say that I know that you guys are MONSTERS in Minecraft, but the reason I came back is because it's all still fresh - it's my favorite part. When it becomes super settled with giant builds everywhere it's just not as fun for some reason. When we switch back I'll probably dial back some.

Unless it's unnecessary for us to switch back...

Captain Drew on Twitter
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-02-01, 12:48

I like it fresh too. Just want good tools and armor so I don't spend all my time surviving.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-02-01, 17:42

I mean.... if I can do it....

drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-02-01, 19:38

Grey, I borrowed a slimeball from your stash. Is there a swamp in the area where I can go and source some more, so I can replace yours and get more for me?

Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2020-02-02, 02:07

Take 'em! I don't have any use for them right now.

I know there's a couple of swamps close by, but don't remember where exactly. I think there's one just north of the abandoned village north of Brad's settlement.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-02-02, 20:06

Nether Home
108 32 56

Home Dock
860 63 478

Swamp Camp 001
1493 62 400
(also: swamp temple??)

drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-02-11, 01:46

I've had a lot of fun playing in the game this time around. I know I'm a chicken when it comes to clearing out a ravine by myself - it takes 8 times as long as I dig around in walls, popping out a torch here and there – at the end of the nearly peaceful ravine beneath my place I found a much more complicated, much deeper, darker ravine – so I get to clear it out too!

I added a portal along the path from my portal to the castle thingy so I could get down to the beginning of Deep Ravine faster.

Captain Drew on Twitter
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-02-11, 11:00

You silly portaler! Everyone knows you explore revines as fast as possible, and without torches! What's the matter with you?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-02-11, 17:16

I love watching Anders do it, but don't want to lose my stuff in case I run into trouble! If I could get a controller that worked with MC then I might dare it. All of this goes out the window when I'm with a group - I'm a bit less scaredy cat.