Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

FireFox stops reacting to input, menus still work

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
FireFox stops reacting to input, menus still work
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2006-01-15, 22:26

This is a weird bug that I saw today for the first time. I'm running DeerPark (which is a G4-optimized FireFox) on 10.4.4, usually with several tabs open. Now at some point, it simply stopped reacting to input, no matter if mouse or keyboard. So I quit and restarted it, and when it happened again, I noticed two things: the menus still worked, and when I clicked on tabs, the window title changed to that tab's title (it didn't switch to that tab, though, and was also otherwise dead).

So I used the menu to open another window, and it worked fine. The old window remained dead, however. I haven't used anything fancy (like Java or Flash) between the last two times it froze.

Has anybody seen this before? Could this be some interaction with 10.4.4? I've used that exact program for at least a month now, and haven't had any problems.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-01-15, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti
I'm running DeerPark (which is a G4-optimized FireFox) on 10.4.4, usually with several tabs open.
Actually, Deer Park was the codename for Firefox 1.1/1.5. So if your build still calls itself that, chances are you're running a pre-release. In other words, if you're encountering bugs, try and use a newer version.
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2006-01-15, 22:32

Nope, this is the 1.5 build, from here. I don't know why they call it Deer Park, but it is the final FF 1.5 code. And as I said, it worked fine until today ...
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2006-01-16, 09:13

I keep getting a bug on Windows that is similar. Sometimes, when I select a previous site from the sitebar, it just doesn't respond. It reloads the current page. When this happens, I have to re-start Firefox.