User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

MBP Case Help!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MBP Case Help!
Xao

2007-03-19, 11:48

Ok, I tried, but I just couldn't hold out for Santa Rosa but I just couldn't any longer.

I got a great deal on a MBP 15.4" 2.33GHz w/3Yr Applecare for $2k. Only two months old at that!

Sooo, I'm going to be looking for a new carrying bag for my nice new shiny object of beauty. I'm looking for something slim that looks professional (could be used with a suit), but will also hold the charger, my iPod Video, and maybe a 2.5" External firewire bus powered enclosure.

Basically, something like a sleeve but just a little more room. I'm tired of lugging around the work assigned 7 pound massive Dell bag made out of Leather that basically just has a bunch of open compartments so all of my wires, laptop mouse and EVDO cards just flop around.

I would like something svelte and practical for just the basic computing needs.

I'm also curious if anyone has used the Tom Binh Empire Builder for those traveling sessions when you need to pack more than just the trip to the office? I'm not sure how the size is, I'm of medium stature 5'7" @ 175lbs. For those traveling sessions, I want something I can through in a change or two of clothes and some fun stuff.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

P.S. The Santa Rosa platform will be released in two weeks for all of you waiting, since I just bought mine today!
Sketch
Formerly “iceman009”

2007-03-19, 15:26

try booq. I think it would fulfill all your requirements.
Xao

2007-03-19, 22:33

Thanks for the link, I just ordered the Vyper exo M case!

It's backordered until April though.

Best review of this case I found here: http://rushfaster.com.au/blog/2007/0...xo-laptop-bag/

Another good review was here: http://www.looprumors.com/index.php?...cbook-pro-case They also had a 10% discount code of: loop2006

Thanks again for the link, Macbook should be here tomorrow, Parallels downloaded and waiting, and now the case next month!
Sketch
Formerly “iceman009”

2007-03-20, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xao View Post
Thanks for the link, I just ordered the Vyper exo M case!
you are welcome and enjoy your macbook and the bag