Apple Silicon M1
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
Frank777
Veteran Member

2020-11-18, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Gee, I'm shocked.

This is why I gave the up the first-day-adopter thing years ago...I spent years doing it - both on my Mac and iPhone - with no trouble at all. But somewhere around 2014-2015, the wheels seemed to come off a bit on the OS/software QC front, so I stopped trying to be among the first. I don't enjoy being a guinea pig or after-the-fact beta tester.
I'm similarly very grateful for all the Bothans' systems that died to bring us a better OS, but I really wish Apple would get that I'm not going to load Big Sur updates until the Dot One release is out.

So I don't need to see those update icons daily in my dock. That's just annoying.
kieran
Tweeting @kierankelly

2020-11-18, 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Who here has ordered one of these new M1-based Macs? I’m looking forward to hearing what folks I “know” have to say vs. just random tech writers, bloggers and YouTube un-boxers.
I ordered the 13" MBP with 16 GB RAM and 1TB SSD.

Been holding off on a notebook since the late summer since I gave my previous 2019 MBP to my wife to use for work. That was a 4 port model, but I think I should be more than fine with the new M1 MBP. I'm only using it for office work and such. Nothing too crazy. I've still got a 2019 iMac on my desk that I can let plug away at things if I need anything done that requires some longer term power.

Definitely looking forward to getting this as the reviews make them seem super impressive, but my delivery date is still 3 weeks out at this point.