User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Pets v.2
Page 4 of 5 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5  Next Thread Tools
Amadeus

2005-10-15, 16:19

That's a nice looking horse GSpotter. Cute dog also.

Yes, Naderfan there are a lot a dogs at the animal shelter just waitng to be adopted.
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2014-07-20, 05:34

Bump.

We just got Robin, our new dog:
Robin by iPhotograph, on Flickr
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2014-07-20, 12:21

I got my new dog last weekend. Penny the Puppy

She wasn't happy with being in the pool. #vizsla #aperture #vscocam by kieran_m_kelly, on Flickr

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2014-07-20, 20:24

You can see how the sad looking, "I'm cute, feed me stuff" eyes have been favored in teh evolution of dog-kind.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2014-07-20, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
You can see how the sad looking, "I'm cute, feed me stuff" eyes have been favored in teh evolution of dog-kind.
Haha. She's got that look down. She was in the pool a few minutes prior to this. She didn't seem too happy with me.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2014-07-21, 11:55

Not the traditional "Pet" but I love little animals too. Saved him from drowning in a pool. That tail is a super shiny metallic blue. Photos don't do it justice.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
Windswept
On Pacific time

2014-07-21, 20:27

Yay for Robin, Penny, and Linus the Lizard! All charming and lovely in their own special ways.

Linus is quite remarkable-looking. Wow. Have you looked up what kind of lizard he is yet? I bet he was really thirsty the day he tried to take a sip from the pool.

Someone should invent a flat, solid ladder of some kind that would allow all kinds of creatures to get out of pools they've fallen into, don'tcha think?
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

2014-07-21, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
Have you looked up what kind of lizard he is yet? I bet he was really thirsty the day he tried to take a sip from the pool.
It is a blue tail skink. Over here on the west coast they have 4-lined skinks but I have seen 5 lined skinks along the blue ridge parkway.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2014-07-21, 20:42

Okay then, so Sidney the Skink?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-07-23, 11:25

Is it just me, or did most of the images in this thread go poof?

Everyone must be hosting on that new Zune Photo Sharing service.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2014-07-23, 17:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Is it just me, or did most of the images in this thread go poof?

Everyone must be hosting on that new Zune Photo Sharing service.
Well, it's a thread that started in 2005, and, unfortunately, many of the images in old threads seem to disappear after a period of time. It's very sad, because the threads that have been around for a long time had some really fantastic pics in them. Mostly gone now.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-07-23, 18:14

I just figured that out. There's a post from 2005 and then the very next post is from 2014!

Apparently, there was a 9-year period when nobody had any interesting fur-balls to show off.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2014-07-24, 13:12

except mine. still hosted at the same place. except the older dog has passed away now, and Jackson is almost 10.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

2014-07-24, 20:21

My domain SSBA.com was wiped out earlier this year so anything I had hosted is sitting in a backup file I haven't restored. I've been slowly converting to a new CMS to help manage the site.

If only I could find my photoshop templates... oopsies.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2014-07-26, 01:55

I had my old pictures on my .mac page.

For anyone interested, these are some pictures of our dogs.
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2015-09-24, 16:08

We recently moved to our own house (no more landlords ... ) and just got our 2nd dog, Samu:

He's from the same hungarian animal shelter from which we got Robin, our other dog. It was a rather spontaneous decision: We were on the annual gathering of the club who supports the shelter and there was one dog who was already brought to Germany into a foster home, as he had problems in the shelter. So they were looking for some new permanent owners ...

My photos @ flickr
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. -- Benjamin Franklin
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2015-09-25, 06:23

Congrats on the second dog. Having a second is so much fun. Just seeing the two run around together and have each other as company makes the extra effort so worth it.

These are my two crazies, getting in their last swims of the season.

Windswept
On Pacific time

2015-10-05, 17:03

Is that creek close to your house, or were you on a country outing with your dogs?

Looks like they're having a grand old time.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2015-10-06, 01:25

Back in April 2011, I had to put my cat of almost 15 years down. I didn't even pick up or pet a cat for another four years. Couldn't do it.

This June, my stepsons decided to get me a cat for Father's Day. We went to the shelter, and I have the most AWESOME cat. Taz is a monster. At seven months, he's 16 pounds, lean, and *huge*. Also, about the most chill cat I've ever seen. Pick him up, he goes almost limp. Doesn't care *what* you do, is just happy to be there.

And then there are the other two.

See, when you take two boys to the pound, and there's a pair of sibling tiny kittens... yeah.

We have three cats now.

Oy.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2015-10-06, 04:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
Is that creek close to your house, or were you on a country outing with your dogs?

Looks like they're having a grand old time.
They were having a blast. That was at the park right by our old house. We moved recently down near the river and they just go crazy in the water every day almost.

Mac+
9" monochrome

2015-10-06, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Back in April 2011, I had to put my cat of almost 15 years down. I didn't even pick up or pet a cat for another four years. Couldn't do it.

This June, my stepsons decided to get me a cat for Father's Day. We went to the shelter, and I have the most AWESOME cat. Taz is a monster. At seven months, he's 16 pounds, lean, and *huge*. Also, about the most chill cat I've ever seen. Pick him up, he goes almost limp. Doesn't care *what* you do, is just happy to be there.

See, when you take two boys to the pound, and there's a pair of sibling tiny kittens... yeah.

We have three cats now.

Oy.
Kick - that's truly a beautiful story man.

Sounds like you've got a lovely family - that's one of the most touching and thoughtful Father's Day gifts I can think of!

Enjoy life with Taz and the other two cats as well.

All I want is a simple life
twitter
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2015-10-07, 13:18

Thanks! My last cat topped out at a lithe 9 lbs, so this freaking behemoth I have now is an adjustment. Seven months old, 16 lbs, and growing. And he's lean. He's just HUGE. He pushed a 25 lb laundry basket out of the way when it was blocking a door he wanted through. Put his head and shoulder against it, and just grunted it across the floor. Good thing he's incredibly good natured and gentle, or we'd be murdered in our sleep by his massive claws.
murbot
Hoonigan

2015-10-07, 14:32

Holy shit, Kick. That's BIG. My miniature schnauzer is 25 pounds and he has a little girlfriend that's about 16 pounds... can't imagine a cat being that big!

Sounds like it was a good Father's Day. My dad swore at me on Father's Day, hung up on me, and I haven't spoken to the parents since. You win.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-10-07, 17:55

My ragdoll is clocking in at 20 pounds. He's a beast, and he's cuddly as hell. Sheds 6-inch wires that get in the butter and maple syrup, purrs in your face, and likes boobs … much to my wife and her "I hate cats" attitude!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2015-10-08, 16:01

I've wondered if he's part rag doll, as soon as you touch him, he just goes limp. (I'd add just like Murbot, but he's had a hard day. ^_^)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-10-08, 20:13

That does sound like a rag doll. My wife wants one so bad but I'm concerned I'll be allergic to it. I'm already dealing with enough allergies that I don't want to have a cat torture me when I get home. As it is:

At least I'm not allergic to him.

Louis L'Amour, β€œTo make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2015-10-09, 17:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

We have three cats now.

Oy.
Great story. So, what color is Taz... and the two little ones? Long hair, short hair? I gotta know these things.

I love it when the cat goes limp when picked up. I had a Siamese, and she relaxed so nicely when I held her out in front of me. Shows total trust, I guess. At least, that's what I like to think. Is Taz friendly with the little ones, or does he avoid them?
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2015-10-13, 20:21

Taz is a grey tabby, Lux is a tan tortoise, Midnight is jet black, all short hair.

And they're all crazy as crap.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-08-28, 08:38

Apologies for the six-year bump, but I knew such a thread already existed and didn't think I needed to create a new one...

I've mentioned Jasper a few times here, and Capella and others have asked about him. Now that I've gotten a bit of a handle on Imgur image-hosting (after two centuries of Dropbox), I can share a few pics of the little man.

He's solid black except for two cute little patches of white: a "Superman" triangle on his chest and a little 2-3 area on his tunny that is only ever seen if he's lying on his back or rolling around.. Other than that, he's a Halloween kitty.

Here is is when he first showed up in my backyard in July 2017. The vet estimated he was around 2-3 months old at the time.

Here he is being that black cat fireworks (or is the EverReady battery?) logo:

Heaven forbid he slept like a normal cat:

"I's testing your lunch, Daddy, to make sure it isn't poisoneded...".

Possibly my favorite...the pose, lighting, his expression, his shiny baby seal coat, etc.

I sometimes call him Vlad:

And here he is, from last weekend, with some of his toys.

So there's Jasper. He showed up as a little emaciated stray just over four years ago. We seemed to hit it off/bond immediately, and we've been a package deal ever since. He seemed to show up in my life when I needed something to focus on/care for, so I kinda think it was meant to be. People talk about how I saved/"rescued" him. But to tell you the truth, it's the other way around.
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2021-08-28, 14:06

Thanks for the necrobump
The picture next to the window is really cool. He seems quite to have some personality ... (I'm not sure if this is the right expression in english).

No news on my side, Robin and Samu (see some posts above) are still with us. Samu is getting more and more white, though...

My photos @ flickr
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. -- Benjamin Franklin