User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Desperately Need Help With vBulletin 3.0.0!!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Desperately Need Help With vBulletin 3.0.0!!
ArcaneAlex

2005-02-22, 02:24

Hey guys! I just installed vBulletin 3.0.0 on my website, and it keeps on coming up with a '{' every time I enter the main page, so I can't access the boards at all. I have received this email:

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:

SELECT title, data FROM datastore

WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache', 'stylecache', 'userstats', 'birthdaycache', 'maxloggedin', 'iconcache', 'eventcache', 'mailqueue')

mysql error: Table 'JAYbj.datastore' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

I'm a newbie to PHP and MySQL, so I presumed it meant the "datastore" table doesn't exist, so I went into my MySQL database manager to see if it didn't exist and it does! Help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!!
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2005-02-22, 08:41

Double check all your settings. If you receive an email with that message then the table doesnt exist! I am not sure if database names are case sensitive, double check everything.

You might wanna take this question over to vBulletin's website. They have great forums and I am sure you get installation support when you buy vB?!?

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-02-22, 09:03

When we purchased our vB license I think they had an option to let them install it for you. Beyond that, I'm sure they would offer help in their forums for this sort of thing. You could always try going back to square one and installing over again. I don't seem to recall it taking long.

Either way, their forums would be the best place to start. We've always received timely and thorough responses to our queries there.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
ArcaneAlex

2005-02-22, 15:41

ok thanks guys - yes you could get it installed by a vb team member but you had to pay something ridiculous like $120 extra...

I will just post on the vBulletin forums (I never knew about them until you told me haha) and see what happens. Thanks!
johnq
Multi-touch PiƱata

2005-02-22, 16:30

How did you install it? Did you install it or merely copy the files to the server?
ArcaneAlex

2005-02-22, 23:36

I copied the files to the server and installed it, but when the installation was complete, i clicked on the link to the control panel and it just came up with a '{' on the page. I followed the instructions in the manual.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-02-23, 00:29

You should go back to vbulletin.com and download a fresh copy. If you're installing from old files, which is what it seems, one of the files may have been damaged. vB version 3.0.6 is now available.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
ArcaneAlex

2005-02-23, 00:32

i just installed version 3.0.6 and it is working perfectly. thanks!!
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-02-23, 02:17

I <3 vBulletin.
WBG4

Send a message via ICQ to WBG4 Send a message via AIM to WBG4  
2005-03-04, 17:05

vB is teh devil. Forum SW should be free and open source, no ifs ands or buts. Ikonboard is free and does everything vB does (except splitting and merging threads) as far as i know and i think it might be a bit faster too (perl). If not that then phpbb is a good bet. Free, simple, fast, easy to hack, limited bloat.

Comic sans sucks.
That is all
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-03-04, 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&A
vB is teh devil. Forum SW should be free and open source, no ifs ands or buts.
Uh, yeah. I mean, jeez, those vB developers certainly don't deserve compensation for all their hard work. Pfft. Heck, all software should be free, right? Yeah! Lets drive great software innovation by giving developers even less incentive!

Quote:
If not that then phpbb is a good bet. Free, simple, fast, easy to hack, limited bloat.
That's a matter of opinion. I have to manage and modify a phpBB installation where I work and I much prefer vB especially in the areas of general administration and hacking/modification. Frankly, I find phpBB a pain to deal with sometimes.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
WBG4

Send a message via ICQ to WBG4 Send a message via AIM to WBG4  
2005-03-04, 18:05

Have you ever used ikonboard? It's invisionpower board but free. It was made by the same guy before he decided he wanted money. It's proof the you don't have to pay for innovation. I do not mind paying for something if it isn't over priced, but i think that vB and iVision are over priced. It's the same reason i won't use quark. I can get the same or close for much much less and be just as happy if not more.

Comic sans sucks.
That is all