Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Deion Sanders' Hot Dog Express!!!1!11

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Deion Sanders' Hot Dog Express!!!1!11
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-02-04, 17:53

My dreams have come true. Now I can cook perfect hot dogs, polish sausages, kielbasa, breakfast sausages, and smokies... a dozen at a time! But that's not all... now I can get rid of that old George Forman machine and cook hamburgers on it too!

"When I took that initial bite, there was a great big pop and then a burst of juices rushed into my mouth and it was delicious."

Who could say no to this marvel?

Seriously, though, who would say yes to this thing? The kids who spent too much of their youth sucking the slurpee machine dry at the 7-11? The guy who always aspired to be the man behind the counter at the gas station?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-02-04, 18:02

If you had kids, you might think differently.

Boiled hot dogs suck, cooking in a pan burns the bastards, and it's too damn cold out right now to barbeque. I need you Deon!!

InactionMan
Veteran Member

2005-02-04, 18:23

Did he rally burn through all the money he made that quickly? Wow. And why the hell did I watch the entire ad?!?
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-02-04, 18:26

Guys don't make fun of Deion. He will be the first to tell you that with Jesus, all things are possible -- including this hotdog machine. He definitely praises Jesus for the hotdog machine. Don't even trip or he'll slap you with his massive Mr. T Starter Set gold chains!

He got those from Jesus, too...

...into the light of a dark black night.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2005-02-04, 18:33

to me it's funny that a hot dogger would be selling hot dogs. he could have done it just for comedic value.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2005-02-04, 19:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
to me it's funny that a hot dogger would be selling hot dogs. he could have done it just for comedic value.
Expect the Chappelle or SNL skit to have dueling grills or a title fight with Foreman...

And for a gentleman with his tendencies for braggadocio... no footlongs? WTF!?!

<* cue Madeline Khan's "Shnitzelgruben, Sheriff?" from Blazing Saddles *>

edit: Finally... a thread where OMGWTFBBQ fits perfectly.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-02-04, 23:35

Until he names all of his kids, boys and girls, "Deion", he won't even BEGIN to dance in the same league as George Foreman. George Foreman made a guest appearance on SANFORD AND SON for gosh sakes! Deion just drove around Atlanta in his NSX going to the hip bars and talking trash with the sports reporters. Man those were fun times. Playing on the Falcons AND the Braves.

His fans brought the Tomohawk Chop to the ATL, and thus to the nation. During the World Cup I could hear the crowd doing that song/chant when Team USA was playing. Certainly he will sell more hotdog makers than we'd bet~

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-02-04, 23:45

Who the hell cooks onions? Just onions?
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2005-02-04, 23:50

Fired onions are good. Damn good. I don't know about steamed onions from a hot dog grill though. That would just be wet and gross.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-02-05, 00:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops
His fans brought the Tomohawk Chop to the ATL, and thus to the nation.

Not to rain on your parade, but it's too bad none of them knew how to do it worth a shit. Braves fans - by and large - are the biggest bunch of baseball-ignorant dumbshits I've ever seen. They the were the driving force that lead me to stop watching the Braves after being a fan since I was a kid (think Dale Murphy and Glenn Hubbard). They sit around most games with their thumb up their ass and then when they do the chant they look like a bunch of pansies with their foam tomahawks and sound like they're constipated.

Then the playoffs roll around and they leave 3000-5000 empty seats every game because wah wah wah, we haven't won enough World Series games. I know Turner is a dick and does high ticket prices but you know what, baseball games are expensive in every city, not just Atlanta. There's no excuse. Braves fans are the worst in baseball next to Florida fans (and now Washington fans - if they're anything like Capitals fans).

Sorry but the truth hurts.

It's not even remotely in the same world as the way it's done at FSU during football season.

...into the light of a dark black night.
billybobsky
BANNED

2005-02-05, 00:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan
Fired onions are good. Damn good. I don't know about steamed onions from a hot dog grill though. That would just be wet and gross.
Fried onions = onion rings or some such. I understand that. I also understand the unique goodness of grilled onions in melted provolone cheese -- think cheesesteak without the steak. But either this is a grill, and they are distinctly lacking the proper accessories to the onion, or this is something else and I don't know what they are doing to the onions...

Can I have a ___'s Rolling Dervish Sandwich Maker when I need money after blowing my wad?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-02-05, 00:31

Oh I'm sure the Chop isn't the same... how could it be? That first, glorious year of the Chop though was magical. That was the year that WE did it in the stands, alone and unaided. There was no pre-programmed Pavlovian Muzak version for the people running the loudspeakers to play.... just sheer inspiration and excitement. Was that 1991? I just remember how AMAZING it was to be a Braves fan that year. I went to one game where we were down by 9 points and came back in the 8th or 9th to take it into extra innings and an eventual win. With over half of the original crowd gone to their cars, expecting a loss, WE were easily more deafening than the first seven innings combined.

Anytime somebody pisses on the Braves and their fans, often deservedly, I look back on that game and contentedly recall an evening when we were ALIVE and full of the spirit of baseball.

But what about Deion's weenie-roaster? Is Brad going to buy one and let us know how it works? Sounds like a great night-time gig. You just need a frozen margarita maker to install next to it.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
ohara
BANNED

2005-02-05, 01:33

I'm pissed at madison ave. for this one

in many respects, this ad is so phallic that it dominates the viewer with a fear of castration, forcing him or her to buy the product.