User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

PB now? PB later ?


Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
PB now? PB later ?
Thread Tools
Mac^3
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
 
2005-02-19, 05:50

I have a simple question...with "Tiger" coming out soon, would you buy the PB when that is released or would you wait until the next gen PB's are. I know there will always be the next best thing released "next Tuesday" but a 17" is $$$ and I want to get the most out of the purchase.
  quote
HHogan
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern Ontario
Send a message via AIM to HHogan  
2005-02-19, 06:06

They were just updated, and with the thermal challenges the G5 poses, most people doubt a G5 update will come any time soon. Plus Tiger isn't due out for a few more months, so who knows what happens by then.

The best line is: If you can wait, wait. If you can't, then don't.
  quote
Mac^3
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
 
2005-02-19, 06:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHogan
They were just updated, and with the thermal challenges the G5 poses, most people doubt a G5 update will come any time soon. Plus Tiger isn't due out for a few more months, so who knows what happens by then.

The best line is: If you can wait, wait. If you can't, then don't.

I just know that as soon as I purchase, another version will show up and piss me off. I just want my PB NOW...
  quote
HHogan
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern Ontario
Send a message via AIM to HHogan  
2005-02-19, 06:29

They were just updated last week though, that usually means at least 4-6 months before another update.
  quote
pscates2.0
Mr. Farmiga
 
Join Date: May 2004
 
2005-02-19, 09:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHogan
They were just updated last week though, that usually means at least 4-6 months before another update.
Try 8-12. When has Apple ever updated something in 4-6 months?
  quote
HHogan
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern Ontario
Send a message via AIM to HHogan  
2005-02-19, 10:39

Seemed like 4 months after I got my Dual 500 (ordered day of the keynote), Apple went to the Digital audio line
  quote
Mac^3
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
 
2005-02-19, 15:29

I will probably just pick one up when tiger rolls out. Thanks all.
  quote
brian4610
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
 
2005-02-19, 16:03

I've been in this same boat, although i need my PB by the end of april....the most common advice i've seen is buy when you need to...if you can wait for a year (my guess) for the G5, and continue to save your money (i have the think the G5 will be more then the current line) then i'd wait....

I'd like to get my PB now, but don't NEED it, plus i'm going to hold out as long as i can so i'm not paying for Tiger...

I'm happy with the current line (it will be my first mac purchase) and think, even if i buy a 15" G4 and max it out, and then "next tuesday" the G5's come out, i've still got a kick ass machine thats better the 99% of the laptops out there...

Plus, i think i'd rather have a perfect G4 then a first edition G5...thats just me...
  quote
brian4610
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
 
2005-02-19, 16:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
Try 8-12. When has Apple ever updated something in 4-6 months?
3rd generation ipod was released in April of '03, then in september they upped the Gigs from 10-15-30 to 20-40...not a huge upgrade, but similar to what we saw with the current line of PB's...

also, this summer, july the 4th generation came out, then in sep/oct. the ipod photo came out....
  quote
Posting Rules Navigation
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Post Reply

Forum Jump
Thread Tools

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2018, AppleNova